Senior Web Developer
The Senior Web Developer will create custom solutions for our consumer facing and B2B websites. This role is ideal for an experienced candidate with a strategic ability to apply past experiences and learning to new use case opportunities, a love for writing great code, and a desire to create effective web experiences that drive business results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and improve existing functionality on consumer and B2B sites.
- Troubleshoot bugs and other functional/layout issues.
- Enhance development standards and introduce new technologies to maximize development efficiencies.
- Make key technology decisions to help make individual projects successful.
- Actively participate in the project planning, design, development, testing, deployment and support of applications
- Gain expertise of business processes and of third party vendor software & databases
- Stay apprised of the latest technologies and innovations in web application technologies.
- Bring innovative new ideas for automation and simplification of repeatable tasks.
- Bring creative new ideas for user experience or tools for our web platforms.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 5+ years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Required development experience:
- .NET Framework Technologies (C#, ASP.NET MVC)
- Full stack knowledge (Front end / back end development)
- Experience with source code control management tools.(Git / Azure Devops preferred)
- Experience with MS SQL and the ability to write SQL queries, stored procedures, and functions
- Organizational, problem solving, coding, unit testing and debugging skills.
- Ability to take a project from start to finish starting with basic user requirements.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Sitecore Certification.
- Development Experience with web-based content management systems.
- Sitecore, EpiServer, DotNetNuke, Drupal, etc (Ideally Sitecore)
- Experience with Azure web apps, Azure SQL, and other Azure products
- Experience with ecommerce and payment gateway systems. (uCommerce preferred)
- Experience with Responsive Design principles and best practices
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Chow Tai Fook North America (“CTFNA”) is a division of Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Limited (the $7.6B vertically integrated jewelry retailer based in Hong Kong; HK Stock Exchange: 1929). CTFNA is based in Boston, MA and represents CTF’s wholesale division in North America, home to brands Hearts On Fire and Memoire. Hearts On Fire, is a global diamond jewelry brand known for its exceptional and consistent cut (The World’s Most Perfectly Cut Diamond) and is sold in more than 700 points of sale in over 30 countries through independent jewelry retailers, Hearts On Fire branded retail locations, department stores and heartsonfire.com. Memoire is a leading manufacturer of high quality, classic diamond essentials, offering both a Memoire branded and private label offering to retail partners. For over thirty years, Memoire has been recognized for its outstanding craftsmanship and design.